It’s time to get a professional opinion. To help you get the most out of your visit from a P&H Plumbing, Heating and Air Conditioning professional, it may help to answer these questions.
What efficiency does my current system offer?
Your system’s efficiency is determined by many factors, but to get a general idea, look at the outside of your furnace, heat pump, air conditioner or air handler. The SEER and AFUE ratings are usually indicated somewhere on the outside.
Is indoor air quality a serious concern?
Do you have small children, elderly family members or pets in your home? Do any of your family members suffer from allergies or asthma? Do you feel that your house is too moist or, on the other hand, too dry? If you answered yes to any of these questions, indoor air quality is a crucial topic to discuss with your dealer.
Are some rooms too hot or too cold?
Make sure you talk to your dealer about a variable speed system or a zoning solution that might make a difference. You may discover your current ductwork is no longer appropriately sized.
What are the top three things you want your HVAC system to do?
Choose from these suggestions:
- Keep you comfortable
- Lower your energy bills
- Include a programmable and easy-to-use thermostat
- Allow you to zone (direct heating and cooling to specific rooms in your home)
- Qualify you for local or state utility rebates
- Have ENERGY STAR® qualification
- Reduce dust, pollen, mold or other asthma/allergy triggers
Additional questions you can ask.
To get the system that’s perfect for you, be sure to bring up these questions when consulting with us.
- Based on the size of my home and where I live, should I be concerned about high-efficiency equipment or comfort features like variable speed? If I prefer comfort over efficiency, what should I be looking for?
- Will you perform a load calculation?
- What are all of the advantages of replacing equipment instead of repairing it?
- What are the advantages and costs associated with replacing the entire HVAC system, not just the broken furnace or air conditioner?
- Do you know if there are regional or state utility rebates that I could qualify for?
- Do you have financing or a monthly payment plan?
- Do you have special service or maintenance plans?